Bullying. No Way! has collected a range of high quality teaching and learning resources for teachers in Australian schools in the
teaching resources catalogue. Read below about:
Other sources of freely available quality teaching resources are:
Selection of resources for the teaching resources catalogue
The teaching resources catalogue assists teachers to incorporate learning about bullying into the classroom.
The resources have been selected after review by educators according to criteria established by Bullying. No Way! They are from Australia, the UK and the US. Read about the criteria used to select resources for the teaching resources catalogue.
Bullying. No Way! is not responsible for the materials on other sites. Teachers should review materials for appropriateness prior to use.
The resources provide the basis for discussion with students. Talking about bullying is important, but it can also raise issues and generate strong emotions.
Criteria for selecting appropriate and high quality resources
Resources included in the
teaching resource catalogue have been reviewed according to the following criteria. Teachers can also use these criteria when looking at new resources.
Criteria related to content
- Related directly to bullying
- Accurate and up-to-date information about bullying
- Accurate and up-to-date information about learning and child development
- Interesting and engaging
- Appropriate spoken and written language and images for students
- Avoids value judgments or stereotypes
- Concept or story is developed
- Avoids emphasis solely on negative states, e.g. hopelessness, victimisation
- Avoids or minimises the portrayal of bullying or aggression
- Positive/resolution of issues explored
- The most current version of this content
Criteria related to production quality
- Well written
- Clear sound
- Images of good resolution
- Technically sound (including synchronisation of sound and vision)
Criteria related to design and use
- Identified for specific year/phase levels
- Material adaptable for a range of learners and cultures
- Has educational approach or suitable to be used within teaching and learning activities
- Suitable for collaborative learning
- Identifies the scope and sequence of activities (if relevant)
- Not likely to cause harm to those reading, watching or included
- If provided, instructions clear and comprehensive
- Support for evaluating the resource in the classroom provided (if relevant)
Criteria related to availability
- No cost
- Accessible platform
- Best available option
Need for resources
- If a resource does not fully meet the relevant criteria but is the only available item, it may be included if it meets the criteria related to content.
How to search the teaching resources catalogue
Teachers can filter the catalogue by using the left hand menu. Items you can filter by include:
- teaching resource type: discussion starter, teacher notes, advice and tips, activities, work sheets, lesson plans, etc.
- phase of schooling
- curriculum area
- bias: prejudice-based bullying related to appearance, socio-economic status, ability/disability, gender, sexuality, race, culture, religion, etc.