Are you being bullied? Get help now

Reporting bullying

If you are being bullied at school, the first step is to report to the relevant teacher, and then the principal if necessary.

If you think the bullying involves behaviour that may be a crime, check out Reporting to other authorities.

Reporting serious online bullying​

If you are experiencing serious online bullying, the material can be reported to the eSafety Commissioner. The site also provides information on how to report online bullying directly to the social media service.

Someone to talk to now—for children and young people

If you want to talk to someone now, go to Kids Helpline or call them on 1800 55 1800. It's a free call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

eheadspace also offers online chat or email support services for young people aged 12–25, as well as their family and friends.  You can call them on 1800 650 890. its a free call. The eheadspace team are available between 9am – 1am (AEDT) 7 days a week.

If you're outside Australia, Child Helpline International is a global portal for all child helplines around the world. Click on the 'Where We Work' tab, select your continent or country on the world map, and a list of relevant child helplines will display.

Someone to talk to now—for parents and caregivers

If you have specific concerns about your child at school, contact the class teacher, then the principal of your school.

If you want to speak to someone else about your child now, contact the parent line in your area for support from outside the school.