Australian Student Wellbeing Framework
National Safe Schools Framework (PDF, 2.7MB) has been superseded by the
Australian Student Wellbeing Framework (PDF, 2.7MB).
National Safe Schools Framework (PDF, 2.7MB) provides a vision of Australian schools as 'learning communities that promote student wellbeing, safety and positive relationships so that students can reach their full potential'.
The Framework is based on evidence that emphasises the importance of student safety and wellbeing as a pre-requisite for effective learning in all school settings.
The Australian Student Wellbeing Framework adopts a whole-school approach to safety and wellbeing and identifies five key elements of effective practice to help schools create safe, inclusive and connected learning communities.
- Leadership – visible leadership to inspire positive school communities
- Inclusion – inclusive and connected school culture
- Student voice – authentic student participation
- Partnerships – effective family and community partnership
- Support – wellbeing and support for Positive behaviour